Submissions and Advices by the Human Rights & Discrimination Commissioner
- Submission by Dr Helen Watchirs to Shane Rattenbury MLA regarding criminal law amendments in relation to drug offences. (.doc version)
- Submission by Dr Helen Watchirs to Commonwealth Attorney-General's Department Draft Guidelines on Sex and Gender (.doc version)
- Submission by Dr Helen Watchirs to Senate Legal and Constitutional Affairs Committee Inquiry into the Sex Discrimination Amendment (Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Intersex Status) Bill 2013 (.doc version)
- Submission by Dr Helen Watchirs to Attorney-General's Office consultation of "Consolidation of Commonwealth Anti-Discrimination Laws" discussion paper, on 14 February 2012.
- Submission by Dr Helen Watchirs to the standing committee, entitled "Joint Submission into Operation of the Prostitution Act 1992" on 22 March 2011.
- Submission by Dr Helen Watchirs on DPP Discussion Paper on Double Jeopardy Reform, 27 May 2011. (.rtf version)
- Submission by Dr Helen Watchirs to Law Reform Advisory Committee 2 IP, entitled ,"Legal Recognition of the Sex and Gender Diverse Community in the ACT" July 2011.
- Submission by Dr Helen Watchirs to the Consumer Advocacy & Quality Service, Community Service Directorate entitled, "HRC Submission on Working with Vulnerable People Check draft Regulations and Application form" on 12 July 2011.
- Submission by the Commission to the ACT Government Consultation, entitled"Economic, Social and Cultural Rights Submission" on 25 August 2011.
- Submission to ACT Health by the Commission on the Implementation of an Needle and Syringe Programme at the AMC on 9 September 2011.
- Submission to JACS Directorate consultation on reforms to the Supreme Court listing procedures, September 2011.
- Submission by Commission to the Expert Panel on the Constitutional Recognition of Indigenous Australians, entitled "Constitutional Recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples" on 5 October 2011.
- Submission by Dr Helen Watchirs to Mr Simon Corbell MLA, Attorney-General, entitled 'Human rights compliance of legislative responses to bikie gangs' (.rtf version), tabled by the Attorney-General on 23 February 2010.
- Submission to theACT Health Review of the Mental Health (Treatment and Care) Act 1994. (rtf version).
- Submission by Dr Helen Watchirs to Roadside Drug Testing Discussion Paper released by ACT TAMS, May 2010.
- Submission to ACT Government Review of Police Powers, July 2010 (.rtf version)
- Human Rights Advice to Attorney-General on Gender Diversity and the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registration Act 1997 (ACT) (pdf version)
- Human Rights Adviceto Attorney-General on Gender Diversity and the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registration Act 1997 (ACT) (word version
- Advice to Chief Minister, regarding theLitter (Shopping Trolleys) Amendment Bill 2010 (.rtf version)
- Advice to Chief Minister, regarding Roadside Drug Testing legislation, provided 29 June 2010.
- Submission to the ACT Government's Five Year Review of the ACT Human Rights Act 2004. Annexures: 1, 2, 3, 4
- ACT Human Rights Commission submission to the Commonwealth Government's human rights act consultation on 15 June 2009.
- Advice to the Attorney-General on Motor Vechicle Insurance Act .
- Submission from the ACT Human Rights Commission entitled, 'Review of the Road Transport (Alcohol and Drugs) Act 1977' - 25 July 2008
- Submission from the ACT Human Rights Commission entitled, 'Comment on the Sexual and Violent Offences Legislation Amendment Bill 2008' - 21 July 2008
- Advice by Dr Helen Watchirs to Mr Jon Stanhope MLA entitled, 'Request for advice on discrimination & human rights implications of Commonwealth emergency measures in NT Indigenous communities announced on 21 June 2007'
- Submission by Dr Helen Watchirs entitled 'Submission to the review of the Human Rights Act 2004 (ACT)' - 24 May 2006. Attachment 1 by human rights legal advisor, Dr Rowena Daw, on the question of possible direct application of the HR Act to public authorities.Attachment 2 - Review of Annual Reporting.
- Submission by Dr Helen Watchirs to Mr Bill Stefaniak MLA entitled 'Submission on Exposure Draft: Terrorism (Extraordinary Temporary Powers) Bill 2005' - 25 January 2006
- Submission by Dr Helen Watchirs to Senator Marise Payne entitled 'Commonwealth Anti-Terrorism Bill (No. 2) 2005' - 25 November 2005
- Submission by Dr Helen Watchirs to Committee Secretary, Senate Legal and Constitutional Committee, entitled 'Submission on the Commonwealth Anti-Terrorism Bill (No. 2) 2005' - 11 November 2005
- Submission by Dr Helen Watchirs to Mr Jon Stanhope MLA entitled 'Commonwealth Anti-Terrorism Bill 2005' - 19 October 2005
- Submission by Dr Helen Watchirs to Mr Jon Stanhope MLA entitled 'Council of Australian Government's meeting - potential human rights implications of proposed measures to strengthen counter terrorism laws' - 19 September 2005
- Submission by Dr Helen Watchirs to Mr Jon Stanhope MLA entitled 'Anti-Terrorism Bill (No. 2) 2004 (Commonwealth) - amendment to Criminal Code 1995 (Commonwealth)' - 30 August 2004
Last updated 24 Apr 2013